During the summer, I take advantage of all of the in-season fresh produce. One of my favorite recipes to make is the following pineapple sorbet. Easy, flavorful, and healthy, this little sorbet recipe is a go-to when having summer soirees.
What you’ll need:
- 1 whole pineapple
- 2 tablespoons of sugar (this can vary depending on how ripe and sweet the pineapple is)
- 1/4 cups of water
1. Slice the pineapple in half, making sure to cut through the top down (my Wusthof knife came in so handy in this).
2. Separate the meat from the shell. The best way to do this is to carefully trace the outline alongside the shell with a knife. Then remove in slices and scoop any leftover pieces with an ice cream scoop.
3. Blend the pineapple, sugar, and water until it becomes a thick paste. Pour onto shells.
4. Place in the refrigerator for about 4 hours or until the paste freezes over.
5. Serve and enjoy!